This fruit is rich in vitamin C, of group B, minerals such as potassium, iron or magnesium, it contains amino acids, acetogenins (in the leaves), alkaloids, galactomannan, glycosides or acetogenins.
These components give graviola or soursop antitumor action, in fact, a multitude of clinical studies have been carried out in which it is determined that in particular the extract of graviola leaves has great cancer cell suppressing power due to its effect. cytotoxic on these, even in small amounts. In addition, graviola has a digestive effect, it is hepatoprotective, probiotic, astringent, immunostimulating, febrifuge, mild laxative, vasodilator, antacid, antibiotic (seeds and leaves), light sedative.
Benefits of consuming graviola or soursop
- Improves the functioning of the immune system.
- Prevents and fights heartburn .
- Soursop protects the liver and improves its functions.
- They help prevent or fight urinary infections like cystitis .
- Its consumption is beneficial in cardiovascular diseases
- It is indicated for asthma.
- The fruit has a probiotic action that favors our bacterial flora.
- It helps us to digest food better .
- Helps prevent tumor cell growth.
- Graviola improves arthritis cases .
- It favors the expulsion of gastrointestinal parasites.
- It is used for cases of diarrhea.
- Soursop is traditionally used for fever.
- Contributes to the proper functioning of the muscles and the nervous system.
- It has a diuretic effect, eliminating excess fluid from the body.
- The leaves have a slight sedative and relaxing effect .
- Graviola helps us maintain healthy bones and teeth.
The graviola or also known as soursop , soursop , is the tropical fruit of the tree with the same name. It is a fruit very similar to the custard apple .
Traditionally in the popular medicine of the indigenous cultures of Mesoamerica (from where the soursop originates) the leaves, roots, fruits, flowers and seeds have been used to prevent or combat different types of diseases.
The fruits are fleshy, with a white and sweet pulp, covered by a greenish skin with thorns and can weigh more than 4 kg. The fruit can be taken directly and is also used to make desserts, ice creams, drinks or jams. We are going to know the properties of graviola or guanábana and what it is good for.…